[Events] WEB LAUNCH: first ISKS annual report

Peadar.Kirby Peadar.Kirby at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Dec 1 12:30:48 GMT 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am delighted formally to launch the first annual report of the
Institute for the Study of Knowledge in Society (ISKS). The report
contains a full account of the Institute's many activities since it was
established and offers a broad overview of research in the humanities
and the social sciences in the University of Limerick. I welcome you to
the online launch of the report and invite you to access an introductory
video and the full text of the report at http://www.ul.ie/isks/. I
welcome feedback from colleagues on the contents of the report.

I wish to pay tribute to the hard work of the ISKS staff and of my
predecessor, Dr Helen Kelly-Holmes, for the many achievements documented
in this report. It shows that in the short period of its existence, ISKS
has begun to play a vital role in supporting and profiling the range of
humanities and social science research taking place at UL.

Can I take this opportunity to invite any UL staff who are engaged in
research that includes elements relating to the humanities or the social
sciences to become associates of ISKS though sending an e-mail to Tracy
Aspel at tracy.aspel at ul.ie. This will allow you to avail of the many
services we provide to support HSS research throughout the university.

Yours sincerely,

Peadar Kirby

Professor Peadar Kirby,

Director, Institute for the Study of Knowledge in Society (ISKS)

Professor of International Politics and Public Policy,

Department of Politics and Public Administration,

Member, Governing Authority,

University of Limerick,

Limerick, Ireland

Tel: (353-61) 233757(direct office)