[Events] Help for Flood Victims

Mary.OMalley Mary.OMalley at staffmail.ul.ie
Wed Dec 2 14:59:02 GMT 2009

From: Maria Donoghue [mailto:mdonoghue at donoghuecorbett.ie]
Sent: 02 December 2009 14:43
To: Maria Donoghue
Subject: Help for Flood Victims

Hi everyone.

In light of our government's inability to organise or resolve anything
that requires common sense, we seriously need to take on the
responsibility of helping those who have lost their homes and
livelihoods.

We are fast approaching Christmas, and it would be great if those of us
who are lucky enough to have our home comforts at this time of year did
a little bit to help alleviate the suffering and grief of those who will
be without.

The link below will bring you to a website where you can pledge support
(not financial) and offer help. Please try to offer something, no matter
how small. Even helping an elderly person make phone calls or drying out
a family's bed linen would be a lovely constructive gesture of empathy
and support.

http://www.offersofhelp.com/

Thanks guys.

Maria