[Events] Norah Power will be presenting her current research on, "The Requirements Situation: An Independent Variable and its Possible Dependents" - Thursday 10th December - 11-12pm - LRG032

Katherine.Martin Katherine.Martin at lero.ie
Thu Dec 3 09:19:14 GMT 2009

  _____

image001.jpg

Norah Power will be presenting her current research on:

"The Requirements Situation: An Independent Variable and its Possible
Dependents"

Thursday 10th December - 11-12pm - LRG032

ABSTRACT

The failure of Requirements Engineering (RE) research results to have
had much impact on practice is no secret.  Various reasons have been
advanced to explain the lack of knowledge transfer from RE research to
RE practice.  In this talk I will review those explanations and make a
case for the need to take into account the context in which the
requirements task takes place; in short, I will argue that it depends on
the situation.  I will summarise my previous work to contribute a theory
of requirements situations.  Then I will present my current work with
Carina Alves in which we propose to identify, classify and distinguish
the variety of situational factors that have an influence on the
requirements engineering process and its outcomes.

BIO

Norah Power is a Lecturer in Computer Systems at the University of
Limerick.  Her teaching interests include RE, Systems Analysis, ERP,
databases and software testing while her research activities focus on
requirements, software skills and the practice of software testing.

If you would like to attend please RSVP before Tuesday 8th December to
katherine.martin at lero.ie