[Events] ISPCC - Just 3 weeks left

Sharon.Nolan Sharon.Nolan at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Dec 8 09:22:45 GMT 2009

________________________________

From: ISPCC [mailto:newsletter at ispcc.ie]

   <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/table-top_bg.jpg>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/table-side_bg.jpg>

Having trouble viewing this newsletter? View it online. <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on.aspx>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/table-top_bg.jpg>

ISPCC Always here for children <http://www.ispcc.ie>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/header-top_bg.jpg>

View Website <http://www.ispcc.ie/Home.aspx>

Send to a Friend <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Send-to-friend.aspx?alias=/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on>

Contact Us <http://www.ispcc.ie/Contact-Us.aspx>

Subscribe <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Subscribe.aspx>

 ISPCC Newsletter banner image<http://www.ispcc.ie/Images/Newsletter/Banner-Images/NL-BANNER>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/page-top_bg.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

Contents

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

The Countdown is on

Please Donate Today <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on/#p0127>

Can Your Company Help? <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on/#p0128>

All Your Holiday Shopping Sorted <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on/#p0129>

FM104 and ISPCC Hit Grafton Street <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Issues/The-Countdown-is-on/#p0130>

The countdown is on for our 2009 Christmas Appeal. There are now just 24 days left for you to help us in whatever way you can this year. We still need your help to reach our goal of raising €1 million. Each donation lights another bulb on our online tree <http://www.ispcc.ie>

As I said, each week I will share with you the story of just one child whose life has changed for the better with the help of the ISPCC – help that would not be possible without the generous support of people like you. Today, let me share Claire’s* story with you.

Claire was always daddy’s girl. So, when her parents separated and her mother moved in with a new partner, Claire chose to stay with her father. She trusted him to look after her and he tried to do his very best for her. But, he was growing increasingly jealous of Claire’s mother’s new life and before long his jealousy turned to anger. With nowhere else to take out his anger, last Christmas he took it out on Claire.

For her own safety, Claire went to live with her mother and partner and her new step-brothers and step-sisters. At first, the busy house and new routines were a welcome distraction for Claire, but soon she was feeling angry and overwhelmed by the changes in her life – anger she was playing out at home and school.

Claire didn’t know where to turn, so her mother turned to the ISPCC. By the time our trained Childfocus <http://www.ispcc.ie/Services/Child-Focus>  support workers met Claire, she couldn’t understand how or why she felt so angry. So, using a feelings diary, we worked with her to tease out her feelings and help her cope with her anger. We showed Claire and her mother how to rebuild their relationship by spending quality time together. Now that life is getting better for Claire, she’s feeling less angry and more loved for who she is.

The difference we make to Claire and thousands like her is that we are there for her, around-the-clock, 365 days of the year. With your help, we can always be there for her and the countless other children in Ireland facing cruelty, neglect and isolation this Christmas.

*Names and some details are altered for anonymity

Kind regards,
 <http://www.ispcc.ie/Images/Newsletter/AB---sig>
Ashley Balbirnie - CEO

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/divider.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 Please Donate Today<http://www.ispcc.ie/getattachment/6eb69729-1f2c-4104-8de5-ff46725b881d/Please-donate-today.aspx>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

Please Donate Today

Claire is just one of the one million children in Ireland, thousands of whom contact the ISPCC each year. Any donation you make to our Christmas Appeal will help light another star on our virtual tree, bringing us one step closer to raising the €1 million this Christmas we need to reach every child who needs us. Click here to enter <http://www.ispcc.ie>  and please spread the word. Or, phone 1850 50 40 50.

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 Can Your Company Help?<http://www.ispcc.ie/getattachment/bc2665e4-95ae-47b5-88e5-c9645e111c6f/Can-your-company-help-.aspx>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

Can Your Company Help?

Is your company is in a position to support the ISPCC this year? For corporate donations of €250 or more, we offer a free holiday e-card facility to let your colleagues and clients know about your generosity on their behalf. We also offer traditional holiday cards. To find out more about how your company can help, please email Anne <mailto:acooner at ispcc.ie?subject=E-news%20Corporate%20Enquiry>  or phone 1850 50 40 50 today.

 All Your Holiday Shopping Sorted<http://www.ispcc.ie/getattachment/514515bc-c948-4c45-9a20-f0db0b700739/Holiday-Shop-with-a-difference.aspx>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

All Your Holiday Shopping Sorted

From Christmas Cards to Decorations to Santas’ Letters to Stocking Stuffers, our online Christmas shop has everything you’re looking for this Christmas with the added bonus of providing vital funds for the ISPCC. Please click here <http://www.ispcc.ie/ISPCC-Christmas>  for more information.

 FM104 and ISPCC Hit Grafton Street<http://www.ispcc.ie/getattachment/664db8c4-d901-41f3-946d-7eeac4f788cf/FM104-and-ISPCC-Hit-Grafton-Street.aspx>

FM104 <http://www.fm104.ie/>  proudly supports the ISPCC as part of its ‘Help a Dublin Child’ appeal. FM104 staff will join ISPCC volunteers on Grafton Street, Dublin this Thursday-Friday 10th and 11th December to sell Holly badges. To find out about other activities in a town or shopping centre near you click here <http://www.christmas.ispcc.ie/index.php/events/60> . Or, if you’re out shopping, why not drop into a Brown Thomas, Centra, Debenhams or Harvey Norman near you to show your support.

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/divider.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is a Company Limited by Guarantee
It is registered in Ireland at
29 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Registration number 15958; Charity No. CHY 5102

 <http://www.ispcc.ie/App_Themes/ISPCC/img/newsletter/trans.gif>

© 2008 ISPCC
Subscribe <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Subscribe.aspx>  | Unsubscribe <http://www.ispcc.ie/Newsletters/Unsubscribe.aspx>