[Events] Thanks from Soweto Connection

Sheila.Killian Sheila.Killian at STAFFMAIL.ul.ie
Thu Dec 10 00:32:25 GMT 2009

Thanks so much to everyone who supported the table quiz this evening - those who came along, and those who made a donation or bought a table. It was a really great night in The Brazen Head, and it raised a total of EUR1,482. That's really generous of you, considering the state of everyone's personal economy these days. Half goes to the Shout Out for Sean fund, bringing it up to over EUR4,500, and half to our other projects. As always, no overheads, so every cent paid in goes directly to work in South African townships. You've made a really big difference in a lot of lives this Christmas

Particular thanks to our sponsors Unite, O'Mahoney's, The Absolute Hotel, The Carlton Castletroy Park, Gleeson's Spar, Align Consulting, Superquin and to all of the UL community for supporting this cause so well and the winning team for giving back their prize.

As always, do check out http://www.sowetoconnection.org

Thanks again - Enkosi!