[Events] FW: UL Eagles make it four Superleague wins out of four

Sean.Reidy Sean.Reidy at staffmail.ul.ie
Mon Nov 2 10:09:10 GMT 2009

Stu Robbins or UL Eagles carries an injured UCD player off the court in
Belfield yesterday.

UL Eagles make it four wins out of four.

UL Eagles ground out a good away win over UCD Marian yesterday in the
latest round of games in Men's Basketball super league. The first
quarter was close with UL Eagles in the lead by 2 points, 22 to 20. In
the 2nd quarter the Eagles applied the pressure and reached half time
leading by 17 points 46 to 29. This was a lead they held onto for the
rest of the game although UCD made a good run on two occasions bringing
it back to a 10 point game each time. UL Eagles however held on and
closed out the game to win by 19 points 88 to 69.

UL Eagles coach Tony Hehir was pleased with the win. "I am happy we got
another away win and the lads dug in and played very well at times. We
still have room for improvement and we will be working on this in
training this week. Credit also to UCD who made a good game of it and
kept coming at us all the way to the final buzzer".

UL Eagles had strong performances from their full bench with Robbins on
29 points, Neil Campbell on 18 and Matt Hall on 13. Rob Lynch, Stephen
King, Scott Kinevane, Aidan Holden and Glenn Wong all made big
contributions to a hard earned win.

Next up for UL Eagles is a home game against the Ulster Elks from
Belfast, on Sat 7th Nov at 7pm in the UL Arena. The Eagles will be
determined to keep their winning run going and hold onto their 100%
records. Given the player strength of the Ulster Elks it promises to be
a big night of basketball at UL.

Sean Reidy,

Marketing Director,

University of Limerick,