[Events] AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL - Information Meeting about Reporting to the United Nations on Health and Housing rights

Gabriella.Hanrahan Gabriella.Hanrahan at staffmail.ul.ie
Fri Nov 6 11:40:19 GMT 2009

Regional Information Meetings in Dublin, Limerick and Castlebar:
Reporting to the United Nations on Economic Social and Cultural Rights

Is your organisation working on issues relating to health or housing in
Ireland?

Would you like your voice and the voices of your service users to be
heard at the United Nations?

The right to health and the right to housing are human rights. The Irish
government has signed up to these rights.  One method of holding the
government accountable on what it actually delivers is the reporting
process. Amnesty International Ireland is co-ordinating an NGO report
representing the experience of rights-holders that will be presented to
the United Nations Committee on Economic Social and Cultural Rights at
the same time as the Irish government's next report on the International
Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR).

We are hosting a series of regional consultation meetings during the
month of November 2009. At these meetings, we hope to get
representatives of small, local groups involved in service delivery,
lobbying or campaigning work on any issues related to health or housing.

Limerick - Monday 23rd November 2009 , 12 noon - 2pm

Limerick Youth Service, 5 Lower Glentworth Street, Limerick

www.limerickyouthservice.com <http://www.limerickyouthservice.com/>

Dublin - Thursday 19th November 2009, 2-4pm

Venue: Central Hotel, Exchequer Street, Dublin

www.centralhoteldublin.com <http://www.centralhoteldublin.com/>

Castlebar - Tuesday 24th November 2009 , 12 noon - 2pm

Lough Lannagh, Old Westport Road, Castlebar, Co Mayo

www.loughlannagh.ie/conferencevenue.html

Places are limited. We would encourage you to register as soon as
possible.

Contact:  Sorcha Lowry, Amnesty International, at slowry at amnesty.ie or
tel: 01-863 8300

For further information:
http://www.amnesty.ie/amnesty/live/irish/news-events/article.asp?id=3756
9&page=2158

This email has been scanned by the Enablesoft Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.enablesoft.net