[Events] Lyons Club Concert t in aid of St. Gabriels

Kim.OMahony Kim.OMahony at staffmail.ul.ie
Mon Nov 9 16:19:25 GMT 2009

The Limerick Lions Club present a special charity fundraising concert in association with the Three Tenors which will take place on Saturday 14th November at 8pm in L.I.T Millenium Theatre.  Proceeds from the concert will be donated to St.Gabriel’s School & Centre Hydrotherapy Pool project which relies on generous personal donations, gifts and fund raising events like this to help meet running costs of €120,000.00 per year. Hydrotherapy is a vital form of treatment for children with Cerebral Palsy and other physical disabilities.

St.Gabriel’s is a non residential special needs day school and centre for children and young adults with physical and sensory disabilities and/or developmental delay. Located in Dooradoyle it is a voluntary organisation and registered charity.

It would be really great if people can buy a ticket and support this event for what promises to be a very enjoyable evening’s entertainment. Appearing on the night as well are very special local guests: the Cantette Children’s Choir whose musical director is Máire Keary Scanlon

If you are unable to attend, the gift of a ticket would also make an ideal present for parents, grandparents, friends or anyone who is interested in an evening of popular, feel-good music and songs.

There are several posters on display to highlight and make people aware of the event but I would be grateful if you would forward this on to your own email lists of friends, colleagues, other health professionals or business associates.

The L.I.T Millenium Theatre seats 350 and we would really like to make every effort to ensure there will be sufficient support for St.Gabriel’s to fill the venue for that one night. The Limerick Lions Club committee is pulling out all the stops to ensure we have a full house.

Tickets cost €30.00 and are available by calling either the L.I.T. (061 322322)

(Ray at 086 8247919) (Gerry at 087 2544524) (Kate at 086 0495280)

We welcome your support and look forward to seeing you on the night.

Further information in the local press this coming weekend.

Regards and thanks

Kate Sheahan

Marketing Executive

St Gabriel's School & Centre