[Events] Conversations in the Consortium

Mary.Fitzpatrick Mary.Fitzpatrick at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Nov 17 08:30:28 GMT 2009

Conversations in the Consortium

"Developing and Assessing Critical Thinking Skills"

Dr Lisa O'Malley,

Department of Management & Marketing, Kemmy Business School

Wednesday 18th November at 12noon

In MC2005

When we focus our attention on the skills students should develop,
rather than the knowledge they should acquire, approaches to pedagogy
must change dramatically. This presentation discusses one such journey
from what we understand as a traditional classroom structure to a
community of learning. The journey is not without its challenges, in
particular in terms of how learning objectives are assessed. This
session discusses the challenges of designing, implementing and grading
constructively aligned assignments.

To register, please email Mary.Fitzpatrick at ul.ie
<mailto:Mary.fitzpatrick at ul.ie>

Dr. Mary Fitzpatrick