[Events] "Hurt for Haiti"

Susan.O'Donovan Susan.ODonovan at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Feb 2 10:20:11 GMT 2010

--------------------

Subject: Huge fundraising Fest for Haiti

Hey Folks!

Sunday 21st February.  We are holding a massive event in aid of our
brothers and sisters in Haiti who are in such despair.

We have a huge day planned with some top entertainment on hand. The
venue is The Bentleys Complex- all the upstairs and downstairs rooms AND
The Brazen Head next door. It's going to be a great day out and for a
great cause.

We're gonna kick off around 3 in the courtyard with Jon Kenny and Mike
Finn on hand as acting ringmaster 's for the day.

To ease you into it local outfit; The Downtown Dixieland Jazz Band will
start, followed by a live Magic Show for the kids. Late afternoon, The
Varadys,a family band with some serious talent will take the mainstage.

Around 6pm, The Brazen head next door will open and house such acts as
The 54 club The Half Yards, and Joe Brown and The Durty Dawgs.

As all this is going on there will be various performers blipping around
to entertain, Ballon Artistry and Fire Breathing, there will be food, of
all sorts, a barbeque! On the top floor of Bentleys, in The Board Room
will be a healing area. With a range of Complimentary Health Therapy and
a nice place to sit and relax.

In The Piano Bar in Bentleys Nick Carswel will kick off procceedings and
will be followed by a succession of Jazz Cats. Many from The Limerick
Jazz Workshops.

The Grown ups will have the building all to themselves after 7pm, and
from 9, downstairs bar Isaac Taylors will be taken over by a troupe of
Limerick finest DJ's; Tokin White Boy, Cian Frawley, Roots Factory, Phil
Wade, Paul Tarpey and Dan Sykes to name a few, will be taking turns in
spinning vinyl in aid of Haiti on the night.

All of the money raised by this event will be suggested donation and
will go to The Irish Red Cross. A Charity we took great care to choose
and is doing great work on the ground in Haiti.

Check them out here

http://www.facebook.com/l/9ac32;www.redcross.ie/

Please spread the word about this one folks, Its going to be huge we are
looking for as much support as possible from all of you!

Email us on hurtforhaiti at gmail.com if you can think of anything you
would like to do to help, at the very least could you post this event to
your page for us and help us spread the word!

Thanks a Million folks!*