[Events] ISKS Conversation: Dr. Stephen Kinsella and Prof. Finbarr Bradley : Tuesday, February 9th 4p.m.- 6p.m. Venue: East Room Plassey House

Emma.Leahy Emma.Leahy at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Feb 2 11:49:28 GMT 2010

  <http://www.ul.ie/isks/>

Confronting the Crisis:

Vision of Ireland in 2050

A Conversation between Stephen Kinsella

 and Finbarr Bradley

Tuesday, February 9th, 4:00-6:00

Venue: East Room, Plassey House, University of Limerick

Debate about our options amid the crisis that Irish society is undergoing is remarkably short-term. Yet, the decisions we make over these crucial years have the potential to re-found the institutions of Irish society and to lay the foundations for a very different future. The third ISKS conversation addresses the long-term future of Irish society as a way of informing these decisions. The two speakers, Dr Stephen Kinsella and Prof. Finbarr Bradley have published books that discuss these issues for the longer-term and will introduce their visions of a different future for Irish society.

Future Conversation Topics

*	Can Technology Save Us?
*	Views from Outside

  <http://www.ul.ie/isks/>

Emma Leahy

Knowledge Transfer Officer

Institute for the Study of Knowledge in Society/An Institúid um Léann ar an Eolas sa tSochaí

University of Limerick /Ollscoil Luimnigh

Phone/Guthán: (00353) 61 202340