[Events] Sailing Success & C&S Recruitment Drive

Cillian.Burke Cillian.Burke at staffmail.ul.ie
Tue Feb 2 15:08:40 GMT 2010

Clubs and Societies Recruitment Drive Tomorrow

Outdoor Pursuits Club- OPC

Welcome to UL, Irelands sporting campus as you have no doubt been told by now. Clubs and Societies are the best way to meet people from all over the country and get to do new fun activities that will help you make your friends for life and make the days in UL some of the best of your life too.

Who are we:

The Outdoor Pursuits Club or OPC to all our friends, we are not a one trick club but actually offer five fun outdoor activities at different times to suit all members and levels. We offer Hill walking, Climbing, Caving, Mountaineering and Orienteering. And throughout the year beginners and all other levels are more than welcome to join us, one of the biggest and best clubs on campus.

To give you a brief insight into our club on campus the PESS building is our home where our climbing wall is located. Here is where you can come for three hours every Monday Tuesday and Thursday from 7pm and climb as much or as little as you want and get good information about all things OPC.

In terms of our main activities off campus every weekend we have a trip going on for OPC members. These are often wide and varied (just like our members). They can be Sunday trips to the beautiful mountains of Kerry and the south.( a full day out on the rugged hills for just €10), or days up in the Burren climbing on the fantastic Clare rock ( punctuated with many caving possibilities too).

We also have our legendary weekends away (two or three days with a bus load of OPC’ers doing what we do best enjoying the craic while out and about on the hills in Co Galway, Co Kerry and beyond.

We are one of the most active clubs both on and off campus, we have a great time doing what we do and always welcome new members so ‘When you have seen the rest join one of the best ULOPC you know you want to’. Its five euro to join the club for students, we offer five activities so it’s only a euro an activity, now that’s the best euro saver menu I know.

Keep up to date with OPC activities by visiting our message board at  http://opc.proboards.com/index.cgi?  Or club website www.ulopc.com <http://www.ulopc.com/> .

To Join:

Visit us at our stand in the main canteen tomorrow Wednesday 12pm -3 pm or call down to our home in the Climbing Wall in the PESS building any Monday Tuesday or Thursday from 7 to 10 pm. All levels catered for and beginners are always welcome.

Come along see what we are about and you won’t be disappointed…you can do as much or as little as you want and can just pick one of our five activities for the semester if that’s what you prefer

www.ulopc.com <http://www.ulopc.com/>

On behalf of the OPC

Regards

Cillian.