[Events] Embodiment, Health and Well-Being: A one-day research forum, 25th March 2010

Lee.Monaghan Lee.Monaghan at staffmail.ul.ie
Thu Feb 11 10:19:40 GMT 2010

Embodiment, Health and Well-Being

A one-day research forum

25th March 2010 (10.00 to 16.00hrs)

Hosted by the Department of Sociology

and the Department of Physical Education & Sport Sciences,

University of Limerick

Invited Speaker:

Dr. Steve Robertson,

Leeds Metropolitan University, UK

This event is aimed at postgraduate students, academics and other persons using, or interested in using, qualitative methods and an embodied social scientific perspective in health-related research. This forum emerges from the Understanding Health cluster of projects at UL, funded under PRTLI-IV. Other ISSP members and researchers interested in health are welcome to attend

The event will consist of a one-day forum, comprising two lectures and two related group discussions. The aim is to share our reflections on the potential of an embodied approach in health-related qualitative research and to stimulate further discussion.

The speakers include a leading contributor to the study of gendered bodies, health and well-being. The forum will cover selected theoretical and methodological issues.

The event is free of charge but we have a limited numbers of places available.

For further information, suggested readings, and to register, please email

Dr. Lee Monaghan at:  <mailto:lee.monaghan at ul.ie> lee.monaghan at ul.ie

Or Dr. Ann MacPhail at:  <mailto:Ann.MacPhail at ul.ie> Ann.MacPhail at ul.ie

Dr. Lee F. Monaghan
Senior Lecturer