[Events] UL Kayak Club win Intervarsities in Galway.

Paul.Lee Paul.Lee at STAFFMAIL.ul.ie
Mon Feb 15 12:10:54 GMT 2010

Congrats to all involved in the Kayak Club success at the weekend

________________________________

From: ULStudent:ANTHONY.CANNING [mailto:0814571 at studentmail.ul.ie]
Sent: 15 February 2010 11:42
To: Paul.Lee
Subject: UL Kayak Club win Intervarsities in Galway.

Hi Paul,
Could you circulate this to the college community?

Over St.Valentine's weekend UL Kayak Club traveled to Galway for a
brilliantly organised intervarsities event hosted by NUIG Kayak Club.
It's hard to pick out specific details on where things went well for us
and even more difficult to convey the commitment, enthusiasm, support,
preperation, talent and performance put in by the UL team.
Just some of the results were points were scored:
Canoe Polo - 2nd place
Long Distance - 1st place (points scored for top 6 individual results -
ours were 2 each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place)
Freestyle - 1st place
Whitewater - 5th place

But these results are by no means the full story.
In polo our team played out of their skins and included 2 dominating
performances were we conceded no scores.
In long distance I counted at least 10 top 4 finishes.
In freestyle our team of 3 male and one female competitors took ALL the
top places.
In whitewater an equipment problem meant that last year's Kayak Club
captain had to stop and empty her boat mid-race. This team of 3 lost out
in a top 4 finish by just one second.

The accumulation of the above results gave us the overall win for the
Intervarsities event.

Thanks go out to the entire UL team for their stellar performances and
of course to those on the river bank supporting the effort.

Regards,

Tony Canning

- a couple of pics....

http://www.chrisdidthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/IMG_0074.jpg
Kim Siekerman - midway through a clean cartwheel - freestly event

http://www.chrisdidthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/IMG_0397.jpg
Eimear O'Donnell - focusing on the final move into "Pol Gorm" at the end
of River Boluisce