[Events] FW: Daffodil Day 2010

Dermot.Madden Dermot.Madden at staffmail.ul.ie
Mon Feb 15 17:23:59 GMT 2010

Daffodil Day 2010

Daffodil day this year is on Friday 26th March and we really hope you'll join us and support such a worthy cause.

If you are interested in having a coffee morning ,  a Back to the Shop Floor for Daffodil Day 2010 or are available to help out on that day please contact me.

Kind Regards

Dermot Madden

In 2009 the Irish Cancer Society:

*	responded to over 15,000 calls on our Cancer Information Service
*	provided EUR700,000 towards the employment of 20 oncology liaison nurses who are a vital link between the medical team and the patient
*	provided 5,500 nights of care to 1,450 patients nationwide through our Night Nursing Service
*	launched Ireland's first ever Bowel Cancer Awareness Month in April, receiving over 1,000 calls to our National Cancer Helpline from people concerned about bowel cancer
*	funded high quality cancer research including the discovery of PBOX-15, a breakthrough drug in the treatment of leukaemia
*	reduced the number of patients waiting more than three months for a colonoscopy (a vital bowel cancer test) by 60 percent through our media and advocacy campaign

The Society is financed entirely by voluntary contributions from the public and receives no government funding. We rely on thousands of dedicated volunteers from around the country to help with our fundraising activities.