[Events] Indoor Intervarsity Athletics

Michael.H.Hayes Michael.H.Hayes at staffmail.ul.ie
Wed Feb 17 11:00:17 GMT 2010

At the Irish Universities Indoor Athletics Championships held at Nenagh
on Saturday UL athletes, Liam Reale (PESS 1) and James Nagle (Sport
Cert) set new indoor Intervarsity records in the 3000m and 16 kg weight
for distance, respectively.

The performances of Roisin Howard and Jessie Barr, who scored 18 and 17
points, respectively, were also magnificent.

UL now holds 11 of the 22 men's records..

Since the indoor competition began 17 years ago our men have won nine
times and were second on seven occasions.

Our ladies have won their team competition 10 times, and were second on
five occasions.

These are performances by our students that UL may well be proud of.

Michael.H.Hayes