[Events] Annual Colours Rugby Match

Neasa.O'Donnell Neasa.Odonnell at STAFFMAIL.ul.ie
Tue Feb 23 15:53:19 GMT 2010

Dear All,

The Annual Colours Rugby Match LIT V UL will take place on tomorrow
Wednesday 24TH February.

Venue:      Thomond Park

Kick-off:    7.00pm

This Annual event is one of the highlights of the rugby sporting
calendar as we remember the O'Brien brothers Andrew (UL Student) and
John (LIT Student) whose young lives were tragically taken, while on
summer work, in Boston in 1994- two great athletes who represented both
UL and LIT with distinction.

UL hosted last year and won this coveted title so hopes are high to
retain the trophy, as LIT play host this year. The UL team are well
prepared under the guidance of coach Mike Storey, with the back up
support from Ian Costello (Director Rugby UL Bohs) and the superb work
and efforts of student Chairman Tom Cranley who has done Trojan work
with the club this past number of months. We wish this lads the very
best as they take to the field.

ALL SUPPORT WELCOME

UL SPORTS DEPT.