[Events] 2010 Call for Nominations: 5th Annual UL Alumni Awards

Norita.Kelleher Norita.Kelleher at STAFFMAIL.ul.ie
Wed Feb 24 11:17:08 GMT 2010

Do you know a UL graduate who has excelled and should be considered for
an Alumni Award?

At the UL Alumni Association (ULAA), we are aware UL Graduates continue
to make significant contributions through a variety of life and career
paths. Furthermore, these alumni achievements reflect enormously well on
the University of Limerick, our alma mater. With that in mind, the
University of Limerick Alumni Association (ULAA) will host the 5th
Annual UL Alumni Awards on Saturday, 16 October, 2010.

At this special event each year, prestigious Awards are presented to
outstanding UL Graduates. Previous Award recipients include Haitian
Humanitarian Worker Gena Heraty BBS '91, International Composer Patrick
Cassidy BSc Applied Maths '85 and CEO of the Kentz Corporation Dr Hugh
O'Donnell BEng Mechanical '87. A total of thirteen graduates have been
honoured since the launch of this alumni awards programme in 2006.

Full details and photographs from last year's event - including profiles
of the 2009 and previous Award Recipients - are available at
http://ulaa.ul.ie/?page=AAwards09

Looking ahead to the 2010 awards presentation, ULAA now invites YOU to
nominate potential Award recipients. Specifically, those graduates who
have made an outstanding contribution in any of the following spheres:

*	Science & Technology
*	Cultural/Arts
*	Business
*	Academic
*	Societal/Humanitarian/Community Service
*	Sport

** Please note the closing date for 2010 Nominations is 7 May

Those nominated for Awards MUST be graduates of UL (while nominations
can be made by any member of the campus, alumni community or the general
public). For a definition of 'UL Graduate' together with a copy of the
Nomination Form, please visit our website at
http://ulaa.ul.ie/?AlumniAwards

All nominations for consideration by the Alumni Awards Selection
Committee must be submitted in writing and sent directly (using the
Nomination Form) to:

Majella O'Connell, Executive Director, UL Alumni Association, Student
Centre, University of Limerick.

We thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

Issued on behalf of ULAA
<http://ulaa.ul.ie/alumni/class_view.asp?y=2100>

by Norita Kelleher, Project Co-ordinator, University of Limerick Alumni
Association (ULAA)
Located at: Student Centre (SU-101), University of Limerick, Limerick,
Ireland
Tel: + 00 353 61 202475 / Fax: + 00 353 61 202228

Visit our website at http://ulaa.ul.ie <http://ulaa.ul.ie/>  to Shop
Online from 'The Collection', our wide range of official UL merchandise

or to register free with UniversaL ... Exclusive Online Community For UL
Alumni Worldwide