[Events] Dr Stephen Kinsella - "The Death of Feminism"

Jennie.Gale Jennie.Gale at staffmail.ul.ie
Fri Feb 26 16:35:27 GMT 2010

Monday, 8th March 2010

Dr Stephen Kinsella

Author of ‘Ireland in 2050: How we will be Living’

Presents

“The Death of Feminism”

"What next for women's rights, when the goal of legal and economic parity between the sexes has been achieved?  In 40 years, the social and cultural changes such economic parity implies will have largely occurred.  In Ireland for example, by 2050 more than 4 generations of women will have been working, earning, saving, investing, and deciding for themselves in large numbers.  Once those rights have been attained and culturally embedded, just where does the feminist movement go?  In this talk I'll argue that the movement will wither as diminishing returns set in, and we'll see the death of feminism by 2050."

A UL Employees discounted rate of €35.00 is still available.  Please register at tdbookings at ul.ie <mailto:tdbookings at ul.ie> .

A buffet lunch will take place in the Millstream Common Room.

For further information about conference speaker, please click on the conference website <http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Societies/IWDC/KEYNOTE_SPEAKERS>